7th Annual Piggy Trot!
Sunday, May 22nd, 2016 • Dowses Beach, Osterville MA
The Glenna Kohl Fund for Hope, Inc. will host the 7th Annual “Piggy Trot” to raise funds for melanoma awareness and the dangerous effects of overexposure to sunlight and tanning.
The event will honor Glenna Kohl, a lifelong resident of Marston’s Mills, who sadly lost her battle with melanoma, the fastest growing cancer in the US and the second leading cause of death in women ages 25-28. Approximately 63,000 cases of melanoma are being diagnosed yearly, and is the second most common cancer for women 25-29 years old.
The 3.7 mile race will begin at 10:00 am at Dowses Beach in Osterville, where Glenna served the Town of Barnstable as a lifeguard and swim instructor for five years. A “Kid’s Fun Run” for 10 and under will begin at 9:30 am.Download the Race Map
Awards, raffles, t-shirt/hat sales, refreshments and entertainment will immediately follow the race.
The trot will raise money to:
- Fund melanoma research at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Build community shade structures on Cape Cod
- Protect residents and tourists with donated sun screen dispensers in public spaces
Download the Flyer
Download the flyer to hand out or hang in your business!
Raised To Date
To date we have donated $260,000 to research, awareness and giving back to carry out our vision to live in a world where melanoma takes no lives.
The Glenna Kohl Fund for Hope anticipates 500 participants in this year’s event.
Memorial “Piggy Trot” t-shirts are available to the first 200 registrants who register online before April 20th (if you are not asked for your t-shirt size, we have reached 200 registrants or it is after the May 1st deadline).
Race Day Logistics, Bib Pickup & Walk-Up Registration
- We encourage you to arrive early and car-pool, as parking is limited and a shuttle will be available only until 9:15 am.
- Online registrants can pick up their bid numbers the morning of the race at Dowses Beach.
- Walk up registration forms will be available at Dowses Beach that morning.
- Walk up registration fee the day of the Trot is $35.
2016 Piggy Trot Shuttle Lot:
Osterville Bay School/Recreation Center
99 W Bay Road, Osterville, MA 02655
*Arrive early – shuttle is only available until 9:15 a.m.
Directions from Dowses Beach to Shuttle Lot:
Dowses Beach Road, Osterville, MA 02655
- Head toward E Bay Rd on Dowes Beach Rd 0.1 mi/
- Turn left onto E Bay Rd 0.2 mi/
- Turn right onto Wianno Ave 0.8 mi/
- Turn left onto W Bay Rd 0.1 mi/
- Turn left onto 1st Ave 42 ft/
- Arrive at 1st Ave. Your destination is on the left
Cars can be parked in lot and along road in front of fields